The first stakeholder meetings on Development of the Latvian Maritime Spatial Plan and Strategic Environmental Assessment took place:
- on 14 July, 2015 in the premises of the Klaipeda Science and Technology Park, V. Berbomo street 10, room 101.
- on 23 July, 2015 in the premises of the Pärnu County Government.
- Introduction of the maritime spatial planning process and requirements in Latvia;
- Introduction to the scope of the strategic environmental assessment of the Latvian MSP;
- Stocktaking of the existing situation in sea uses and interests (environment, nature, cultural heritage) in Latvian waters;
- State of the environment of the marine waters in Latvia;
- Potential scenarios for development in the marine waters and the trans-boundary aspects for MSP and SEA.
The presentations were held by Latvian Ministry of the Environmental Protection and Regional Development of Latvia as well as experts involved in the development of MSP and SEA.
- 01_Overview of MSP in Latvia_I.Urtane_Klaipeda
- 01_Overview of MSP in Latvia_K.Kedo_Parnu
- 03_Current status_K.Veidemane
- 04_State of the environment_S.Strake
Summary Reports from the meetings are available for download: